Your veterinarian has recommended a dental procedure. Dental disease leads to pain, tooth loss and even damage to the heart, liver, and kidneys. Dental includes:
- Blood work helps ensure your pet can properly process and eliminate the anesthetic drugs. This testing can significantly reduce medical risk and ensure your pet’s health and safety.
- Anesthesia enables us to do a thorough job. While under anesthesia, your pet’s vital signs are monitored by the veterinarian or licensed veterinary technician.
- Ultrasonic Scaling of the teeth to remove tartar above and below the gum line. This is performed with both hand instruments and ultrasonic cleaning equipment
- Dental Radiographs are performed to assess the tooth roots and surrounding bone. Findings on radiographs provide the information needed to either extract or save a tooth.
- Polishing the teeth after scaling smoothes the surfaces making them more resistant to new plaque formation.
- Oravet Sealent and Gel helps slow down new plaque formation.
Home dental care by you, the owner, is necessary to preserve your pet’s overall health.
- Brushing teeth regularly with pet toothpaste
- Dental chews such as Greenies, CET chews, Science Diet Chews, Milkbone Dental Chews.
- Dental diets to reduce plaque formation such as Hill’s Healthy Advantage Oral + .
Please feel free to contact Eastside Animal Hospital if you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment.