Jeffersonville Urgent & Emergency Veterinary Care Services
AAHA-Accredited Care Keeps Your Pet in Good Hands
Let’s face it—pets are family.
At Eastside Animal Hospital, we understand how frightening it can be when pets are sick or injured. And like people, a pet’s medical needs don’t always arise at the most convenient times.
For over 50 years, we have provided Jeffersonville, Southern Indiana, and Central Kentucky with urgent and emergency care services. Opening early and closing late, we provide greater access to the compassionate care you’ve come to know and expect from us.
Is your pet sick and in need of immediate evaluation? Give us a call at (812) 370-5617.
We’ve Got You Covered
Our veterinarians are skilled in the treatment and management of trauma and critical illness. And when every second counts, our in-house lab delivers rapid results.
Our critical care services in Jeffersonville include:
- Emergency surgery
- Digital radiology
- Intravenous fluid therapy
- Surgical and therapeutic laser treatment
- Oxygen care
- Cardiac and blood pressure monitoring
- Labor and delivery assistance (cesarean section)
What to Do During Our Regular Business Hours
If your pet has an emergency care need:
- Please contact us prior to arrival so that we can prepare for your pet’s specific needs.
- If you suspect the ingestion of a possible toxin is responsible for your pet’s emergency, please bring any available packaging.
If your pet has an urgent care need, please call our office and speak with one of our Client Care Representatives.
At Eastside Animal Hospital, we make every effort to treat our patients on a triage basis. Please provide us the details of your pet’s urgent care needs. With your help, we can best schedule your pet’s appointment.
What to Do After Our Regular Business Hours
If your pet has an emergency need and we are not available, please contact a 24-hour emergency referral center.
The following 24-hour emergency centers will keep us at Eastside Animal Hospital informed of your pet’s medical condition:
- Blue Pearl Specialty and Emergency Pet Hospital (502) 244-3036
- Jefferson Animal Hospitals (502) 966-4104
- Metropolitan Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Services (502) 266-7007
Eastside Animal Hospital will take over the care when it’s in your pet’s best interest.
How to Deal with a Pet Emergency
It's always scary when you furry family member needs emergency medical attention. Our Jeffersonville emergency veterinarians are here to help your pet. We also want to offer a few words of advice when handling an unexpected pet crisis.
Here are a few steps to take when handling a pet emergency:
- Breathe & Stay Calm - This can be difficult, but it's important to focus on the task at hand which is paying close attention to the circumstances surrounding your pet's medical emergency.
- Take a Closer Look at the Problem - This can be as simple as a visual inspection. Depending on the nature of your pet's injuries, the problem may not be so obvious.
- Does this Require an Immediate Trip to the Vet? - When in doubt, call your veterinarian. However, sometimes a situation calls for close monitoring and other times a more aggressive approach. Every emergency case is different.
- Call Your Nearest Emergency Veterinarian - The Jeffersonville emergency veterinary team is here to provide excellent care to your pet during regular business hours. However, we do list a few after-hours clinics should you need them.
Contact Our Jeffersonville Emergency Vet
For top-notch pet urgent care services in Jeffersonville, visit Eastside Animal Hospital. We will treat your pet as if he/she were our own family. These circumstances can be extremely stressful, and we understand that. Feel free to call in advance of your arrival so we can prepare to give your pet medical attention as soon as possible.
“The vets have all been fantastic: knowledgeable, caring, and informative.”- Kim Parish
“Everyone at Eastside was so personable, and it was very clear they really loved animals!”- Mary Rademaker
“They were extremely thorough in figuring out what was with my little furry one.”- Dylan Adams